With all of the available editorial resources online, picture editing has never been easier. You can manipulate your photos to look however you desire, with just a few clicks. Making pictures glossy and clear requires simple changes to the picture's resolution and quality, which can be done by uploading the picture to the online picture editor. Most of these particular resources are freeware applications, therefore no cost is incurred for usage. Editing your pictures may take 5 to 10 minutes at the most, based on your picture editing experience. But even without experience, the job can be done with a little guidance.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Access to an online picture editor
Go to a Web-based picture editing website in your Internet browser to access an editing application. (See links in Resource section for websites.)
Locate the picture editing website's uploading tool, to transfer the picture from your hard drive to the editing application.
Click "Browse," "Upload" or "Upload Photo" to access the pop-up directory window. You will then be able to add the picture file.
Locate and select the picture file in the directory window. Click "Open" in the lower-right corner of the pop-up directory window. The picture should be loaded into the editing application automatically. As a result, it will be displayed on the website. (See Tips if the picture doesn't load into the site automatically.)
Use the "Sharpen," "Retouch" and "Effects" tools in the photo editing application to make pictures glossier and clearer. (All photo editors will have two out of three of these editing options available. Adjust these picture settings accordingly until you get the picture exactly how you want it to look.)
Opt to download the newly edited picture to save the revised version to your computer's hard drive.
Tips and warnings
- The picture should load without further action. But, depending on the site, it may not. Therefore, you'll need to click "Upload" again if the picture does not load into the editing application automatically.
- Web-based picture editors are the most effective way for users to edit pictures for glossier and clearer display, without downloading software. But, nevertheless, you can also edit your pictures with graphic editing platforms like Photoshop and PaintShop Pro. These particular programs are only suggested if you have some editing experience to know how the programs' functions work.
- Make sure you download the revised version of the picture. Do not navigate away from the picture's page in your browser. If you do, there is a strong possibility you'll lose the edited picture. It must be downloaded to be saved to your computer.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for