Balloon columns are used as standout decorations for many types of parties. To help save money, people can make their own balloon columns with a little work. You can make small balloon columns with as few as about 24 balloons. They make decorations for any entrance to a party.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Box cutter
- 24 balloons
- Sandwich-sized baggie
- Fishing line
Cut a hole in a piece of cardboard with the box cutter to the size you want the balloons to be. As you blow up the balloons, pass balloons through hole to make sure that they are all the same size.
Blow up to balloons and tie the two ends together.
Tie another pair of balloons together.
Take the two pairs and cross them in the middle. Twist them together to make a cluster of four.
Weight the short column by filling a baggie with sand and tying it to the column with fishing line. Do not cut the fishing line.
Make an additional balloon cluster.
Place the second cluster of balloons on top of the first cluster, twisting the clusters so that the two fit closely together.
Bring fishing line through centre of the column to attach the two clusters together.
Continue until all the balloons are used.
Tips and warnings
- You can use multicoloured balloons to make your columns more festive. Decorate your columns with tulle, crepe paper, confetti, etc.
- If you are making a column taller than 24 balloons, you will need a larger bag and more sand.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for