The PlayStation 3 version of Guitar Hero 3 ships with a toy plastic version of the Gibson Les Paul electric guitar controller. The controller can be used on the PC version of Guitar Hero 3, as well as other Guitar Hero games such as Score Hero and Guitar Zero.Installing the PlayStation 3 guitar on the PC requires downloading and installing Joy2Key, a free program that maps controller devices to your PC's keyboard.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Computer with Internet access
- Gibson Les Paul controller for PlayStation 3
Download Joy2Key and the PlayStation 3 guitar configuration file for the program from the sites in Resources.
Double-click both files to unzip and place the files from the unzipped "PS3-Guitar-Cfg" folder into the same folder as "Joy2Key."
Connect the wireless receiver of the guitar to the USB port of your computer. The guitar will work best if connected to a high-speed port on the computer tower itself, rather than a relay port on the keyboard or monitor.
Press the "Connect" buttons on the guitar and receiver. The guitar will connect, but the controls still need to be set.
Run Joy2Key from the program folder. Under "Profiles," select "PS3 Guitar." Your guitar is now configured to run with PC programs.
Tips and warnings
- To use your PlayStation 3 guitar on the PC version of Guitar Hero games, the guitar must be configured in the "Options" screen of the game. Choose "Configure Keyboard" from the game's "Controller" options and set the Green, Red, Yellow, Blue, Orange, Star Power and Whammy buttons to the 1-9 number keys on your keyboard. Set "Mouse Whammy" to "X-Axis," "Strum Up" to "Button 1" and "Strum Down" to "Button 0."
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for