To hang a large picture is simple and only takes a nail or hook. It is helpful to have a friend or someone who is willing to work with you in following the guidelines. It is better to use hooks for this purpose because the frame might fall off the wall if you use nails. Place a wire with small nails on the frame if it does not have one. It only takes a minute to hang a picture and is worth the effort you put into it.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Stud finder
- Measuring tape
- Step ladder
Select a place on the wall to hang the picture.
Measure the area from one side to the other side. Mark the centre spot of the wall with an X or small dot. Find a stud in the wall by using the stud finder, and mark it with a pencil. Adjust the stud if necessary to where you want to centre the picture.
Hang your picture. Measure 60 inches from the floor to the centre point, and mark it with a pencil.
Use a ladder, and drill a hole. Place the hook in it.
Hang the picture by using the centre part of the wire.
Tips and warnings
- Add diversity to your picture by surrounding it with more pictures.
- Your picture may fall off the wall if it isn't centred correctly.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for