Stepmania is a dance game similar to Dance Dance Revolution. The game can be downloaded online for free. Play the game with your keyboard or with a PC compatible dance mat. Stepmania does not come with songs installed. You must download and install songs from their web site or user sites that create their own songs.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Stepmania 3.0 or higher
Open the Stepmania web site. Click "Songs" on the left side of the home page.
Click "Plaguemix One", a four-song pack, which is the first download on the songs page.
Click "Download File". A box will pop-up, asking if you want to save the file. Click "Save". Save the file to any folder you choose. Click "Download".
Click "Open" when the download completes. The Stepmania Manager will list everything the package contains. Click "Finish" on the lower right side.
Click "Close" when the installation completes. The songs will now be available in Stepmania. Repeat this process for every song on the Stepmania site that you wish to download.
Tips and warnings
- Stepmania song files are .smzip files, which is why they install so easily into the game. Regular .zip files will not install the same way.
- There are more than 300 songs on the Stepmania web site, including user generated songs. Make sure you have plenty of hard drive space for them.
- The newest version of Stepmania is 3.9a, which is compatible with Windows 7.
- When you open the file and the computer tells you it can't find a program to open it, choose "Select Program". Choose the program that says "smpackage.exe".
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for