In real life furniture gets slept on, jumped on and spilt on. Sofas see just about everything, but when it comes to cleaning, specific materials, such as corduroy, have specific needs, and many people want a nontoxic natural approach.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Baking soda
- Biodegradable dish soap (optional)
- Cloth or cleaning brush
Mix together water and baking soda to create a thick paste. If the stain is greasy, add a couple of teaspoons of dish soap to the mixture.
Scrub the mixture onto the stain with a soft cloth, brush or sponge.
Dab the stain with clean a wet cloth, followed by a clean dry cloth.
Tips and warnings
- For weekly maintenance, sprinkle baking soda onto the sofa and vacuum.
- Always spot test a cleaning method in a less visible spot before using it.
- Check your chair or sofa's cleaning instructions to verify that you need a water-based cleaner.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for