Although you can buy preprinted "Hello My Name Is" stickers at any office supply store, you may want to customise the stickers for a particular party, meeting or other gathering. In this case, you can buy plain self-adhesive label sheets and design your own stickers using a word processor and your printer. Customised name stickers not only help people to remember names but also are conversation starters in themselves.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Computer with Microsoft Word
- Self-adhesive label sheets
Open Microsoft Word on your computer. If one does not open automatically, open a blank document.
Find the Label Options dialogue box. There are several ways to find this and some of them depend on the version of Word that you are using. If you do not know where to find it, try clicking on Tools in the menu bar and choosing Labels. Another way may be to click Tools, choose Mailings, click Create then choose Labels.
Click Options in the Label Options dialogue box and find the type of labels you have. Highlight the type and click OK. In the Address field, type "Hello My Name Is" at the top. If you want to change the typeface or size of the font, highlight the text, right-click and choose Font or Paragraph to make the changes. Select the radio button next to Full page of the same label.
Load the sticker sheets into your printer in the correct orientation. This will depend on your printer and the brand of sticker sheets you have. Click Print. When you see the print preview, click Print again. A new Word document appears that is the sticker sheet. Now you can print the stickers as you would any other Word document.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure to use label sheets designed for your type of printer, e.g., inkjet or laserjet.
- You can add graphics or other text to the label document just before you print the stickers. You could add your company name or the title of the gathering for which the stickers will be used.
- If the list in Word does not have the brand or type of label you have purchased, you can choose a similar size label that is on the list. Alternatively, you can click Customize or New Label in the Label options dialogue box and select the size and number of labels per sheet of your labels.
- Different versions of Word may have slightly different instructions or interfaces. The same goes for versions of Word designed for different operating systems such as Mac.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for