If you have a flag you want to proudly display, you can easily create a flagpole out of basic PVC pipes and fittings. The great part of this flagpole design is that you will end up with a small handle with which you can move the flag around on the main post. You can use this flagpole for any type of flag by simply drilling holes according to your flag’s size.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2 pieces ¾-inch wide PVC pipe, 4 feet long
- 2 pieces ¾ inch-wide PVC pipe, 1 foot long
- 45-degree PVC fitting
- 2 PVC end caps, 3/4-inch wide
- PVC "T" fitting
- Power drill
- 2 clear plastic curtain rings
- 6 feet metal rebar
Secure a 45-degree PVC fitting onto one end of a 4-foot long PVC pipe. The pipe should be ¾ inches in diameter.
Apply glue to one end of the PVC pipe that is 1-foot long.
Slide the end of the pipe with glue on it into the other opening of the PVC fitting.
Put glue on the other end of the 1-foot long pipe and attach a PVC "T" fitting. The pipe should go into the single armed side of the fitting, with the 2-armed side aligned vertically, not horizontally.
Lay the pipes down so the longer pipe is vertical and the short pipe angles up and to the right.
Insert another 1-foot PVC pipe into the bottom opening of the "T" fitting so it points downward, and put a PVC end cap onto the exposed end of the pipe.
Slide another 4-foot pipe into the top opening of the "T" fitting. Fit the top, exposed end of the pipe with a PVC end cap.
Drill two holes into the upper long pipe to correspond with the riveted eyes on your flag's spine. The upper long pipe is the one pointing upward and has the end cap.
Slip a clear plastic curtain ring through each of the holes. Use these rings to hang the flag from.
Drive a 6-foot long piece of metal rebar into the ground. The rebar should go 2 ¼ feet into the ground.
Slip the open end of the lower long pipe over the metal rebar sticking out of the ground and push it into the ground as far as it will go. The upper pipe with the rings should be pointing upward at a 45-degree angle.
Tips and warnings
- You can paint the PVC a colour that looks nicer in your garden or lawn.
- Do not hang from the flag pole, as it is not designed to bear weight and will break under that sort of pressure.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for