The Xbox Live service for the Xbox 360 has a feature to redeem codes for Microsoft Points or other downloadable files. These codes are either given away on a free redeem points card or as prepaid points cards. The 25 character code must be entered into Xbox Live to add the points to your account. The Microsoft Points can then be used to download any file on Xbox Live. Users must have an Xbox Live account to redeem points. It does not matter if the user has a free Xbox Live Silver or paid subscription Xbox Live Gold account.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Xbox 360 console
- Xbox Live Silver or Gold account
- Free redeem points card
Press the Xbox button on the Xbox 360 controller to open the Xbox Guide menu. You can be on the Xbox Dashboard or playing a game when you do this step. It does not matter when using a free redeem points card.
Press left on the analogue stick to scroll to the Marketplace tab in the Guide menu. This is the tab all the way on the far left end of the menu.
Select “Redeem Code” from the menu. Press the “X” button to select items from the menu. A keyboard will appear on the screen.
Enter the 25 digit redeem code from the back of the card into the on-screen keyboard.
Press the “Start” button on the controller or select “Done” on the keyboard to enter the code. The Microsoft Points will be added to your Xbox Live account.
Tips and warnings
- Any redeem code card for the Xbox 360 can only be used once. Be sure you are logged into the Xbox Live account you want to use the free redeem points card with before entering the code.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for