Sharp USA electronic cash registers include a helpful time and date-stamping feature that prints the transaction time and date at the bottom of each sales receipt. Before you can take advantage of this useful feature, you must input the correct time and date into the cash register. The time and date setting process for Sharp cash registers is so simple that it takes just seconds to complete.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Sharp cash register manager key
Insert the manager key into the cash register's mode switch. Turn the manager key to "PRG" to put your Sharp cash register into programming mode.
Set the date on your Sharp cash register before setting the time. Enter your date into the cash register in the MM/DD/YYYY format. Add leading zeros whenever necessary to ensure that the date entered is always eight digits long.
Press the "#/TM/SBTL" button on the cash register key pad to save your date setting.
Set the time on your Sharp cash register using the 24-hour time format, also known as military time. For example, if the current time was 7:02 p.m., you would enter "1902".
Press the "#/TM/SBTL" button again to confirm your programming changes.
Tips and warnings
- Note that though the time was entered in the 24-hour military time format, it will appear on the display screen in the regular 12-hour format.
- The instructions in this article may not apply to all models of Sharp cash registers. Contact Sharp USA customer service for setting advice that is specific to your cash register model.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for