A sentimental way to keep a loved one close to your heart is to put his picture in a locket, which is then worn around your neck on a necklace. Trimming and inserting a photo might seem daunting, given the size and shape of the locket's insert, but by carefully selecting or resizing a photo, you can have your loved one hanging tenderly from your neck in just a few minutes.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Scissors or utility knife
Open the locket. Remove the clear plastic insert that covers the inside of the locket with a pair of tweezers.
Place the plastic insert over your photograph and use it as a guide to select an appropriately sized portion of the photo. Use a pencil to trace the outline of the insert onto the photograph.
Cut out the photograph with a small pair of scissors or utility knife by following the pencil line.
Put the picture into the locket by sliding it in under the ridge that hold the insert. Wiggle it a bit until it pops in and fits snugly and securely.
Place the plastic insert on top of the photo by sliding it into the locket. Snap it down or use the tweezers to get the edges securely under the ridges, then snap the locket shut.
Tips and warnings
- Re-size a large photograph by copying it and reducing it on a photocopier. If it is a digital image, reduce the photo's size on your computer, and print it to a size that is a close fit to the clear plastic insert.
- Take caution in trimming your photo so that you don't cut your fingers.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for