Over time, it is a common problem for gamers to experience scratching on their game discs. Scratches on the underside part of an Xbox 360 game disc can prevent the console from reading the disc properly. There are a few options when it comes to repairing a scratched Xbox 360 disc in a quick and affordable manner.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cotton swab
- Soft, dry cloth
- Internet access
Rinse both sides of the disc under a gentle stream of cool water. This will remove any small bits of dust and grime that can cause further scratching if not removed.
Use a cotton swab to apply a thin layer of toothpaste around the underside of the scratched disc. Spread the toothpaste evenly around the entire surface.
Wipe the disc clean with a soft, dry cloth. Begin from the inside centre of the disc and wipe outward in a straight line to the outside edge of the disc. Repeat this process 15 to 20 times.
Reinsert the Xbox 360 disc into the console. A successful cleaning will result in seamless play.
Visit the official Microsoft Game Disc Replacement Program website. Check to see if the game is covered under the program.
Download the Microsoft Xbox 360 Game Disc Replacement Order Form. The form is a PDF file, so a PDF viewer is required.
Print out the form and fill out the information requested. Follow the mailing instructions on the form. A replacement disc should arrive in the mail within two weeks.
Tips and warnings
- You also can take the disc to a local DVD rental store or used video game store and see if they offer a disc repair service. These stores normally have a professional disc repair machine they use to repair scratched discs. Be prepared to pay a small fee, but many stores will repair your disc for free.
- When wiping the disc, do not wipe in a circle; this can cause even more scratching.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for