Many people strive for a golden tan and spend hours baking in the sun to get one. With the perfect tan, however, comes the ever-present risk of skin cancer. Many choose to avoid the sun and are embracing their natural pale skin tone. Pale skin can be very attractive and has made a comeback in Hollywood and the fashion industry. Once you know how to do it, enhancing your naturally fair skin is easy.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Skin lightening lotion
Even out your skin tone. Pale skin looks best when it’s smooth and even-toned. If you have any dark spots caused by sun damage, use a cream or lotion with lightening agents such as kojic acid or hydroquinone. An even skin tone will make your skin look less pale and more like porcelain. Don't worry about the freckles. They can be very attractive.
Dye your hair. Hair colour can make the difference between having a healthy glow and looking sickly. Chestnut brown, near black and deep red are great colours if you want to go darker and more dramatic. If you’d like to go lighter, blonde with honey-coloured streaks is attractive. Avoid strawberry blonde or light red if you have a lot of pinkness. As a good rule of thumb, never go two shades lighter or darker than your natural eyebrow colour.
Wear make-up. If you're a woman, add a bit of blush to your cheeks. Don’t wear blush that's too pink because it will look unnatural. During the summer, it doesn’t hurt to brush a very light bronzing powder over the areas of your face, neck and chest that are normally exposed to the sun. hit the sun. You can even use a bit of blush on these areas to make your skin glow. But avoid too much—you don’t want to look sunburned or unnatural.
Choose clothing colours that compliment your skin. Pale skin with pink or blue undertones tends to look attractive with jewel tones, like garnet, royal blue and dark purple. Pastel-coloured clothes are also a great way to enhance your pale skin. Fair skin with golden undertones will look great in the same colours but will also look attractive in brown, ivory and coral. Avoid too much black, especially if you have dark brown or black hair. The combination of pale skin, black clothing and dark hair can wash you out.
Tips and warnings
- If you’re going to dye your hair, get it done by a professional hairstylist first and ask questions about the right hair colour for you. Professional hairstylists know a lot about dying hair and can tell you how to choose the right hair colour.
- Don’t forget the sunblock. Fair-skinned people need extra sun protection to avoid potentially damaging UV rays.
- Never use hydroquinone creams or lotions for more than three months. It can adversely affect your skin.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for