Purchase order forms can be bought at office supply stores in varying quantities. You may, however, wish to save yourself money by making your own. While an actual handwritten purchase order can be difficult to read and give your business an unprofessional appearance, you can still make your own purchase orders using just about any word processor or desktop program. Creating your own purchase order forms can not only save your business money, but doing so allows you to create purchase order forms tailored to meet the needs of your business.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Word processor or desktop publishing software
Open your software, go to “File” menu and choose to create a new document.
Browse the template library, locate the “Forms” category and browse through the available purchase order form templates. Select the template that most closely matches the template you'd like to use for your purchase order form. Click the template to open it for editing.
Delete the text in the purchase order form template by selecting the text with your mouse and pressing the delete key on your keyboard.
Replace the template text you deleted with your company information, which includes the name of your company, address and specific contact information (phone number and e-mail).
Refine or customise the purchase order to include information specific to your business. To do this, select the template text you wish to change and type over the template text to insert your information in its place.
Add a custom business logo to your purchase order for by going to the “Insert” menu, selecting the picture option, and browsing to the location on your computer where your logo resides. Click your logo to personalise your purchase order form.
Tips and warnings
- Any word processor or desktop publishing program that has a purchase order template will do for this task. Word and OpenOffice are word processors with purchase order templates, and Serif PagePlus and Scribus are free desktop publishing programs with purchase order templates. Each of these programs uses the same basic commands and will allow you to customise a purchase order form to fit your business needs.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for