Ankle bracelets circle ankles of people of all ages and both genders, with a wide variety of colours and materials making up these casual jewellery pieces. If you have brightly coloured string and some beads, you can make an ankle bracelet for yourself or a friend. Choose string colours you like and beads that complement the string colours and you can quickly whip together an ankle bracelet you will be proud to wear.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Tape measure
- Coloured string (three different colours)
- 3 mm beads (any colour)
Measure around your ankle with the tape measure and quadruple this measurement. Cut the three strings to this measurement with the scissors.
Lay out the three strings so the ends are even and tie the strings together in a knot approximately 2 inches from the ends of the strings.
String a bead onto the three strings and push it all along to the knot.
Tie an overhand knot on the other side of the bead to nestle the bead snugly between the two knots.
String beads and knot the strings behind it until the ankle bracelet is long enough to encircle your ankle comfortably, ending the bracelet with a knot. Leave 2 inches of free string on the other side of the knot and clip the excess string off with the scissors.
Tie the ankle bracelet around your ankle in a tight double knot.
Tips and warnings
- Many people make a bracelet of this sort and leave it on their ankles for an extended time. If you know you will not want to leave it on your ankle indefinitely, tie the ends together with a sliding knot. To tie a sliding knot tie the end of each side of the anklet string in a figure eight around the string of the other end, about 1 1/2 inches apart. The knots will be able to slide across the 1 1/2-inch gap to adjust the size of the anklet for easy removal.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for