The HP Photosmart C4180 inkjet printer lets you print, copy and scan with the same unit. The HP C4180 normally uses a black cartridge and a single cyan, magenta and yellow (tricolour) cartridge to print documents and images. It also features an optional photo cartridge for photos and video hard copies. The print carriage is located inside the printer on the right side behind a front access door. Installing a new ink cartridge in your the C4180 isn't difficult, as new cartridges simply slide and snap into place inside the print carriage.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Replacement cartridges
Turn on your HP Photosmart C4180 all-In-one printer. Grasp the print cartridge door at the front of the printer and flip it down toward you until it lies against the flat table or desktop.
Push down on the label on top of the used cartridge (if applicable) until the cartridge unsnaps from the print carriage. Slide and pull the cartridge from the print carriage and set it aside to dispose of later.
Remove the new ink cartridge from its packaging. While holding the cartridge by its black plastic sides, remove the pink tab and attached tape covering the copper-coloured contacts and end of the cartridge by gripping the tab and pulling on it gently.
Install the new cartridge--with the label facing up--by sliding it into its corresponding slot inside the print carriage and then pushing until it snaps into place. The black or photo cartridge goes into the slot on the right marked with a black and orange label. The tricolour cartridge goes into the slot on the left marked with a green label.
Lift and close the front print cartridge access door and print a test page to confirm that the cartridges are seated correctly and that everything is working correctly.
Tips and warnings
- Recycle used ink cartridges at a local office supply or computer store. Check beforehand to see if the store offers any sort of monetary or discount credit for the used cartridge to apply to the purchase of a new cartridge or other item.
- Touching ink nozzles or copper-coloured contacts on an ink cartridge can damage it or result in printer malfunction.
- Always transfer your black ink cartridge to an HP print cartridge protector before installing a photo print ink cartridge as the cartridge can dry out. Never retape the cartridge to protect the ink, nozzles or contacts. Instead, purchase a protector from HP if you don't have one before installing the photo print ink cartridge.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for