Lexmark, a manufacturer of computer printers and related supplies, offers a inkjet and toner cartridge recycle program that lets you return your used printer cartridges at no cost to you. The cartridges are then refilled and this keeps the ink and toner cartridges at a reasonable price. By recycling your ink cartridges, you are not only keeping them out of landfills, but also from damaging the environment since the ink inside of the cartridges contain harmful chemicals that can ruin the soil and water tables below the soil.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Postage paid Lexmark envelope or
- Padded envelope
- Plastic freezer bag
- Shipping or transparent tape
Locate the postage paid Lexmark envelope that came with your printer or ink cartridge.
Place the empty cartridge in the envelope. Seal it by removing the paper strip from the envelope's flap.
Take the envelope to a mailing centre or mailbox.
Using The Lexmark Postage Paid Envelope
Locate a padded envelope large enough to accommodate the empty ink cartridge.
Address the envelope with the following address: Close the Loop, Inc. Southpark Building 3 2055 Meridian Place Hebron, KY 41048
Place the empty cartridge in a plastic freezer bag. Place the bag in the padded envelope and seal the flap with shipping or transparent tape.
Take the envelope to a mailing centre or post office for shipping.
Using A Padded Envelope
Tips and warnings
- You can also order a postage paid envelope from Lexmark by clicking on the "Inkjet Cartridge Recycle Form" link (see Resources) and completing the online form. The envelope will be mailed to you within two weeks.
- If you have a large quantity of empty cartridges you want to return, call 800-LEXMARK (800-539-6275), extension 108, to request an order of postage paid Lexmark envelopes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for