A waterproof vinyl-like material, neoprene is in a variety of household items such as mouse pads and table place mats. Decorate your neoprene items at home by using iron-on transfers to create permanent designs on their surfaces.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Inkjet printer
- Iron-on transfer paper for inkjet printers
- Mouse pad
Select a design of your liking from your private image folders or by obtaining it from an online source such as Deviant Art.
Place one sheet of iron-on transfer paper into the printer carriage. Make sure the filmy side of the paper is facing downward.
Print out the image.
Plug in the iron and turn it to its highest setting. Let it heat up for about 10 minutes.
Cut around the design you have printed out and discard the excess paper.
Place the printed side of the iron-on transfer paper onto the centre of the neoprene mouse pad's surface.
Place the iron flat onto the back of the paper, and press down firmly. Move the iron around in circular motions, very slowly. Do this for about a minute and then let the neoprene mouse pad cool for three minutes.
Remove the paper from the surface of the mouse pad by carefully plucking up one corner of the paper, and peeling it back gently and slowly.
Tips and warnings
- You'll want to flip the image horizontally so it will print out in reverse onto the iron-on transfer, especially if it has lettering or words in it.
- Follow these same steps with other neoprene items in your home such as table place mats and lawn furniture.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for