The valet mode on a car alarm allows someone else to drive your car without having access to the security system. Valet mode is typically employed when you're having your car parked or serviced. It enables you to maintain possession of your security remote.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Locate the push button switch on your vehicle. According to Omega Vehicle Security the switch usually sits somewhere under the dash on the driver's side.
Put the key in the ignition and turn to the "on" position.
Press down the valet button for five seconds.
Check the LED light on your alarm system while continuing to press the button. If the valet mode activation is successful, this light will remain solid. If not, release the button and repeat.
Turn the ignition off and remove the key once you set the valet mode.
Tips and warnings
- Some systems come with a toggle switch instead of a push button. If you locate a toggle switch, put the key in the ignition, turn the key and push the toggle to on.
- The steps for your system may differ. Check the owner's manual for exact instructions on the valet mode.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for