The centre console in a Honda provides a clean area to put cups, hold the shift knob and contain the emergency brake. In some Honda models, it also contains a pocket under the armrest to hold CDs or other small items. If you ever have to remove the carpet or get to the shifter linkage, then the console has to come out to gain access to the components. This should take about 10 to 15 minutes to do. In this case, the project vehicle is a 2005 Honda Civic, but the process is similar for other vehicles.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Phillips-head screwdriver
- Flat-head screwdriver
Pull up the trim around the emergency brake using your hands. Set the panel to the side. Unscrew the two Phillips-head screws underneath the trim using the Phillips-head screwdriver.
Remove the Phillips-head screw on the sides of the console towards the rear using a Phillips-head screwdriver. Remove the two clips at the forward section of the console using the flat-head screwdriver.
Slide the console back, then up and off the floorboard.
Tips and warnings
- It helps to have two Phillips-head screwdrivers for this job: a stubby or short one, and a longer one.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for