Although every skin tone is beautiful, many African Americans wish to lighten their skin tones. Dark skin contains higher levels of melanin than fair skin, which can cause dark skin to appear blemished and patchy. Exposure to the sun can cause dark skin to appear even darker or cause dark patches to form on the skin. Whether you wish to lighten your entire complexion or only darker patches of skin, there are natural techniques effective at lightening African American skin.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 tbsp sandalwood paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tomato juice
- 1 tbsp cucumber juice
- 2 bowls
- 2 spoons
- Warm water
- Orange peels
- Food grinder
- Raw milk
Pour 1 tbsp sandalwood paste, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp tomato juice and 1 tbsp cucumber juice into a bowl. Use a spoon to mix the ingredients together until a paste forms.
Spread the paste on your skin. Allow the paste to dry on your skin.
Rinse the paste off of your skin with warm water. Apply the paste to your skin weekly for a couple of months.
Inspect your skin after a couple of months for a lighter complexion. If your skin is not getting lighter, try the following technique.
Lay orange peels in a sunny spot until they are fully dry. Grind the orange peels in a food grinder to form a powder.
Pour the orange peel powder into a bowl, and then add in enough raw milk to form a paste.
Use a spoon to mix the ingredients together. Rub the paste directly on your skin.
Rinse off the paste with warm water once the paste has dried. Apply the paste to your skin daily to lighten your complexion.
Tips and warnings
- Raw milk can be purchased from dairy farms and organic food stores.
- Exfoliate your skin weekly to remove dead skin cells and lighten your skin.
- The juice from potatoes replicates skin bleach and can be used lighten dark skin.
- Always apply high SPF sunscreen lotion to your skin before going out in the sun. Exposure to the sun may darken your skin as well as cause cancer and premature ageing.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for