An electric car does not need to be pushed from one place to another because the motor does that for you. You can make an electric motor to attach to your toy car that will propel it until the battery runs out. You will need a few parts from a hobby shop along with some supplies from an electronics store. A few tools commonly found around the house are also needed. You do not need electrical skills to make the motor for your toy car.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- RC aeroplane motor/capacitor
- Phillips jeweller's screwdriver
- Electrical tape
- Propeller blade
- Button battery holder
- Button battery
- Cellophane tape
- Toy car
Place the RC aeroplane motor/capacitor on a table with the motor shaft facing to the left. Put the button battery holder onto the top end opposite the motor shaft on the RC aeroplane motor/capacitor. Tape the sides of the button battery holder to the RC aeroplane motor/capacitor with strips of cellophane tape.
Place the end of the black wire that is attached to the button battery holder onto the positive (+) contact on the back end of the RC aeroplane motor/capacitor. Tape the black wire down with a strip of electrical tape.
Place the end of the red wire that is attached to the button battery holder onto the negative (-) contact on the back end of the RC aeroplane motor/capacitor. Tape the red wire down with a strip of electrical tape.
Push the tab on the side of the motor with the tip of the Phillips jeweller's screwdriver to reverse the direction that the motor shaft will spin.
Place a drop of bonding glue on the tip of the motor shaft. Push the propeller blade onto the motor shaft. Let the bonding glue set for two hours.
Place the electrical motor you have made on the hood of the toy car with the propeller facing the rear. Tape the electrical motor to the toy car with strips of cellophane tape.
Insert the button battery into the button battery holder. Hold the toy car still as the propeller begins to spin. Release the toy car and watch it zoom across the floor.
Tips and warnings
- You can lubricate the wheels of the toy car to make it move faster.
- Do not let the positive and negative contacts on the battery touch each other as that will stop the motor from running.
- Keep children and pets away from your electric car since the spinning propeller could hurt them.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for