The natural way to achieve healthy glowing skin is by exfoliating dead skin cells that build up, which make skin look dull and feel dry and flaky. Exfoliating scrubs can be made with one of many oils that provide the skin with antioxidants and provide a barrier that holds in moisture. These oils include sunflower, extra-virgin olive oil, sweet almond and grape seed. Essential oils, made with a carrier oil and herbs, are quick to make at home. These oils are high in antioxidants and other natural benefits for the face.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Two sets of ingredients are given, one for a facial cleanser and the other for a facial moisturiser:
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp sweet almond oil
- 4 tbsp honey
- 5 drops of peppermint essential oil
- Ingredients for facial moisturiser:
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sweet almond oil
- 5 drops essential oil of rose
- 1 drop vitamin E oil
Pour the almond flour and sweet almond oil into a bowl. Stir these two ingredients well, then add the 4 tbsp of honey and 5 drops of peppermint essential oil. Stir until the ingredients are well mixed.
Wash your face with your regular face wash. Rinse your face by patting dry, leaving your face a little damp. Add a teaspoon of the scrub to one ounce of water. Mix well, then apply the scrub to your entire face and neck by using a gentle circular motion.
Massage your face with the scrub for about one minute. Rinse with warm water and pat dry, leaving your face a little damp.
Prepare the facial moisturiser by blending the honey, sweet almond oil, essential oil of rose, and vitamin E oil. The almond oil softens skin, while the honey acts as a natural humectant, moisturising the face. Massage the mixture on your clean face and neck with your fingertips. Wait 15 minutes, according to All Natural Beauty.
Wait 15 minutes before rinsing the moisturiser from your face and neck with lukewarm water. Pat your face and neck dry. According to benefits-of-honey.com, honey "is able to absorb moisture from the air and promote healing."
Tips and warnings
- Keep excess facial scrub and moisturiser in a cool, dark place or refrigerate for up to seven days.
- Apply the facial scrub once a week, and the moisturiser daily, if needed.
- Avoid getting facial scrub or moisturiser into the eyes. Essential oils will burn the eyes and will require flushing with water.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for