Purple acne scars are a type of scarring called post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Such scars can ruin skin's appearance even if acne has cleared up. Scars result from picking at the skin, or blemishes that have not healed, were opened prematurely, or became inflamed. Genetics plays a part in scarring and can affect the size, frequency, and type of scar that can occur on skin. Purple acne scars can be faded with numerous home remedies including honey, lemon, lime, or cucumber juice, among others.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Fenugreek seeds
- Sour cream
- Plain yoghurt
- Ground oatmeal
- Lemon juice
- Measuring spoons
- Small mixing bowl
- Cucumber juice
Measure one tsp of fenugreek seeds, and boil them in four cups of water. Allow the mixture to boil for about two minutes, and apply it to the face after the mixture has cooled somewhat. This prevents scars and heals existing ones.
In a small mixing bowl, combine one tbsp of sour cream, one tbsp of yoghurt, one tbsp of ground oatmeal, and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix well.
Apply the mixture to the face, leave it for 10 minutes and then rinse it off. Do this a couple of times a week to fade purple scars.
Cucumber juice can also be applied to the skin to fade scars. Leave the juice on for 15 minutes before rinsing with cold water.
Tips and warnings
- The good news about purple scars is that they are newer and can be faded quicker than older, white scars.
- Use fat-free sour cream on oily skin. Applying raw honey to the skin a few times daily will help the appearance of scars and keep skin moisturised and free from impurities. Lavender essential oil is another effective home remedy for scars.
- Keep skin exfoliated to promote optimal cell turnover and slough dead skin, which can contribute to scarring.
- Do not apply boiling water directly to skin as this can cause serious burning. Lemon juice makes a great skin bleacher, but should be used with caution on sensitive skin as it can sting and potentially burn skin.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for