Egg cars are easy decorations that are fun and entertaining to make. While some of the steps are fun, others require concentration, which can leave children proud of their accomplishments when the egg car is complete. Despite it being an egg car, this decoration is not just limited to Easter. You can also create Christmas egg cars and celebratory egg cars, such as birthday cars and party cars.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Raw eggs
- Acrylic craft paints
- Toothpicks or small craft drill
- Liquid glue
- 4 wooden craft wheels
Wash the raw eggs in cold water. This will remove any dirt or dust that may be on the surface on the egg.
Paint the eggs. This is a chance to personalise the egg car. For example, you could paint the egg as a race car or decorate it with flowers or patterns. The top of the egg, which is the pointy end, is the front of the egg car. While the eggs are drying, paint the wooden wheels.
Make a tiny hole on the top of the egg using a toothpick or a small craft drill. Make another hole on the bottom of the egg using the same method.
Hold the egg up to your mouth, placing the smaller hole in front of your mouth. Blow into the small hole so the egg white and yolk come out of the opposite end. Blow all of the egg's contents out into a bowl. Be careful when doing this step and take the time required to empty the egg.
Attach the wooden wheels to the egg car by using the liquid glue. There should be four wheels for each egg. Two of the wheels should be placed near the front, while the remaining two should be near the rear of the egg car, resembling a real life car. Hold the wheels in place until the glue has hardened.
Tips and warnings
- To make an Easter-inspired egg car, paint the egg car yellow, green and purple. Substitute M&Ms; for the wooden wheels to give the chocolate twist of Easter.
- To make a Christmas-inspired egg car, paint Christmas items on the car and use red and green painted wheels.
- Be careful when making the small holes in the egg and blowing out the egg. If necessary, have an adult assist in the process.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for