Veet is well known for its depilatory creams, but they also make other hair removal products, such as ready to use wax strips. These strips don't need any special preparation, other than heating them for a few seconds between your hands. Waxing keeps skin smoother for a longer period of time than other methods of hair removal, because it removes the hair at the root. Before using these strips, you should do a spot test in an inconspicuous area. If you don't have any adverse reactions within 24 hours, it is safe to continue waxing.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Cut the wax strip to the correct size if the area you are waxing is smaller than the strip.
Place the wax strip between your hands to heat it up, and then peel the strips apart slowly and carefully.
Press the strip onto the skin with the wax side down, and smooth it for approximately 5 seconds, rubbing in the direction of the hair growth.
Hold that area of skin taut with one hand, and then get a firm grip on the bottom of the strip with the other. Keeping the strip as close to the skin as possible, pull it off quickly, making sure to move against the direction of hair growth.
Reuse the same wax strip several times if you need to remove more hair, following the previously mentioned steps.
Soak a cotton ball in baby oil, and rub it over the freshly waxed skin.
Tips and warnings
- Apply a cold compress to your skin if you experience burning, bruising or discomfort within the first 24 hours after waxing. Any adverse reactions after that time should be checked by a doctor.
- Avoid waxing the same area twice when removing hair from the underarms or bikini area, as the skin is delicate and may become irritated.
- Refrain from waxing on areas with varicose veins and moles, or on broken, irritated or sunburned skin.
- Wait to apply perfumed products, antiperspirants and alcohol until 24 hours after waxing.
- Consult with your doctor before using wax strips if you are taking prescription medication that affect your skin.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for