If you have fleas on your pet or in your home, it is important to kill them promptly. Left untreated, fleas will lay eggs and hatch, making your problem even worse. Although there are a variety of products on the market for killing fleas on your pets and in your home, these products often contain toxic ingredients. Make a homemade flea killer instead. You can save money and use a natural flea killer at the same time. It is important to treat both your pet and your home for fleas to fully rid yourself of a flea infestation.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2 empty spray bottles
- 2 drops pure lavender essential oil
- 2 drops pure cedar wood essential oil
- 10 to 20 drops rosemary essential oil
- 10 to 20 drops citronella essential oil
- Medium saucepan
Fill a clean, empty spray bottle with 2 1/2 cups of warm water.
Add 2 drops each of pure lavender and pure cedar wood essential oils. Shake the bottle well to combine.
Spray this mixture onto your dog or cat after his bath to kill fleas.
Fill a clean, empty spray bottle with 236 ml of water.
Add 10 to 20 drops each of rosemary and citronella essential oils. Shake the bottle well to combine.
Spray the mixture onto carpets, upholstery, furniture, pet bedding and any other living areas where fleas are present.
Cut up a lemon into thin slices. Place it in a medium saucepan with a pint of water.
Put the pot on the stove and bring the water to a boil. Let the mixture steep overnight.
Transfer the mixture to a clean spray bottle the next day. Use the mixture on your dog or cat, carpet, upholstery, furniture and any other places around the house.
Tips and warnings
- Treat your pet every two days with the flea spray until you are sure all of the fleas are gone. Spray your house daily.
- Do not spray the flea killer in your pet's eye, nose or mouth.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for