Hooked rugs are fun projects to do. However, a large hooked rug project can be a little difficult to manoeuvre while working on the project. Making a rug hooking frame is very simple, and will hold the rug tight so the working surface is worked on easily. This rug hooking frame is made out of plastic PVC pipe and is very lightweight.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- (4) 3-foot lengths of 2 inch PVC pipe.
- (4) elbows
- PVC Glue
- (4) snap clamps
- Measuring tape
Measure and cut the PVC pipe into 4 three-foot lengths with the hacksaw, or have the lumberyard cut it for you. Dry fit first for proper fitting.
Place an elbow on each end of two lengths of pipe. Attach the other two lengths of pipe to the elbows, making a square.
Glue all the pieces together with the pipe glue, and allow to dry completely.
Stretch the rug tightly across the the frame and attach to each side the snap clamps.
Tips and warnings
- Add T connectors to the sides, and make legs to fit over the lap.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for