Hot glue will strongly adhere to an item. You may think it will be impossible to remove hot glue from plastic. The good news is that it can come off. To remove hot glue from plastic, you will need to let it dry in order to prevent the glue from spreading when you are trying to remove it. After it has fully dried, you can get the hot glue off the plastic with items commonly found in many households.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Butter knife
- Rubbing alcohol
Heat the hot glue with a hairdryer that is 4 to 5 inches away from the glue. This will help loosen the glue.
Gently scrape as much hot glue as you can off the plastic with a butter knife. Do not scrape too hard or you will scratch the plastic.
Pour a capful of rubbing alcohol onto a dry, clean cloth and wipe it onto the remaining hot glue.
Let the rubbing alcohol sit on the hot glue for at least five minutes. This will give the alcohol enough time to soak into the hot glue and loosen it from the plastic.
Add another capful of rubbing alcohol onto the cloth and wipe off the remaining hot glue.
Tips and warnings
- If the hot glue doesn't come off the plastic after the alcohol has been on it for five minutes, add more alcohol and let it sit for another five minutes.
- The rubbing alcohol can cause you to get sick if you are working in a room that isn't well ventilated. To avoid this from happening, turn on a fan and open a window.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for