Many people buy leather jackets, purses and shoes. In fact, leather is popular because it ages well and can last for many years. If you have leather shoes, you must take proper care in maintaining them. Scuffs will occur from time to time. That is just the nature of wearing shoes, but you can do some things easily to repair your scuffed leather shoes.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Saddle soap
- Clean cloths
- Pencil eraser
- Leather conditioner
- Leather protector
- Brush (optional)
Clean off the dirt. You can accomplish by using a damp sponge with a little saddle soap on the dirty areas. Dry completely, using a clean cloth.
Remove the scuffs with a pencil eraser. Place the eraser on the scuffed areas and lightly rub.
Apply a leather conditioner to the shoes. Follow the manufacturer's directions and cover the entire shoe. Then gently buff the shoe with a clean cloth to bring it to a shine.
Apply a leather protector. Follow the manufacturer's instructions when performing this step. The protector is designed to repel water.
Tips and warnings
- Clean the shoes after being in rain or snow. Perform all the steps from cleaning through using the leather protector.
- Brushing shoes after each use keeps them looking in top shape.
- Use as little water as possible when cleaning with saddle soap and sponge.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for