Assembling a miniature garden can be a fun and creative activity for people of all ages. A completed miniature garden without living plants can serve as an excellent decoration for your home or workspace. It is an alternative for people with allergies, pets, or just not enough time to take care of living plants. By following the proper steps, you will be able to make a miniature garden without living plants that will withstand the test of time.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Plastic or ceramic garden container
- Fine gravel
- Plastic or fabric plants and flowers
- Faux moss
- Decorative stones
Decide on a theme for your garden. Some common garden themes are flower gardens, herb gardens, or even bonsai gardens. Faux plants can be found in the greenery section of any craft store. If you have trouble finding what you want there, try looking at aquarium plants in your local pet store.
Fill your garden container with your fine gravel. The gravel should be about one inch below the brim of the container. Depending on the size of your miniature garden, your gardening container may range from a bottle, only three inches in diameter, to a container able to hold several gallons.
Arrange your faux plastic or fabric plants in the garden container. An interesting garden may have a central focus, such as a faux bonsai tree, surrounded by smaller plants.
Spread your faux moss around the plants on the fine gravel. This will give your miniature garden a more realistic and visually appealing feel.
Place your stones around your miniature garden. If you collected your stones outdoors, be sure to wash them well before placing them in your garden. If you want to increase visual interest, you can place other objects such as shells or sea glass in your garden.
Tips and warnings
- If you want your miniature garden to weigh less, you can fill the gardening container with packaging peanuts and cover with the fine gravel.
- Miniature gardens with faux plants can be rearranged many times to create new and more interesting looks.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for