Glistening and clean wooden floorboards look amazing in any home. But after regular use and the wear and tear caused by shoes and furniture, wooden floorboards will look dull and scuffed. Regularly polishing wooden floorboards takes time and effort but will keep wooden floorboards looking great.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Wood polish
- Water-based wood cleaner
Sweep the wooden floorboards clean of dirt with the broom. Vacuum any particularly filthy areas.
Clean the wooden floorboards with hardwood cleaner and a cloth. Allow the wooden floorboards to dry.
Apply the wood polish to a manageable section of the floor. Buff the wooden floorboards with a clean cloth and the polish.
Buff the entire area of wooden floorboards section by section using the polish and cloth.
Allow the wooden floorboards to dry before walking or placing furniture or rugs on them.
Tips and warnings
- Apply polish to wooden floorboards once a year for best results
- Work in a well-ventilated area with chemicals
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for