Philippine passports are good for five years from the date of issuance. If you need to renew your passport while you are overseas, you must apply for a renewal at the Philippine embassy or consulate in the foreign country where you are located. If you are in the United Kingdom, you must visit the Philippine Embassy in London. When you apply for a renewal there, make sure you present all required documents, since the embassy may deny applications that do not meet requirements.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Old passport
- Photocopy of passport's data page
- 3 identical passport photos
- Passport application form
- Self-addressed envelope (optional)
Make a personal appearance at the Philippine Embassy in the United Kingdom at 6 Suffolk Street, London, SW1Y 4HG. File your application for a passport renewal at the Consular Section. You may be asked to pick a number and wait to be called.
Submit a duly accomplished passport application form; your old passport; three (3) identical passport-style photos of yourself with a royal blue background (no more than 6 months old); a photocopy of your passport's biographical data page; passport fee of £36; and supporting documents such as driver's license and voter's registration record. If you need to renew the old brown Philippine passport, attach supporting documents that show your complete middle name. Include a self-addressed special delivery envelope if you want to receive the new passport by mail.
Verify that the information is correct. You must make this confirmation in person at the Philippine embassy. Once entered into the passport database in Manila, Philippines, the embassy can no longer correct or change passport details.
Get your renewed passport. It takes 4 to 6 weeks for the Philippine embassy to process a passport application. You can pick up your new passport in person, or receive it by mail if you included a self-addressed delivery envelope with your application.
Tips and warnings
- Personal appearance can be waived for children aged 8 years and younger, seniors aged 65 and older, and individuals who are physically or mentally incapacitated.
- Married women who want to amend their passports to reflect their husbands' surnames must apply for renewal instead if they have the new machine-readable passports. The Philippine embassy in the United Kingdom no longer amends machine-readable passports. Additional documents are required, such as a copy of the marriage certificate, copy of husband's passport or birth certificate, Report of Marriage, and passport photos.
- The Philippine Embassy in the United Kingdom is open on weekdays from 9am to 1pm and from 2pm to 5pm. It is closed during holidays.
- Application fees and document requirements are subject to change. Contact the embassy first to get the latest information.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for