Model building is a popular hobby because there are so many varieties available, from cars and planes to architectural structures. There are three kinds of models. The first variety snaps in place, so no gluing is needed. The second kind stacks on a central pole, and the third variety is the kind that requires gluing in order to stick together. Model glue is basically super glue that can bond wood and plastic variety models.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Acetone-based fingernail polish remover
- Cotton swab or cotton squares
- Clean, damp cloth
Dip the cotton swab or cotton square into the acetone-based fingernail polish remover. Acetone is an ingredient that is well known for breaking most bonding agents such as model glue and rubber cement.
Wipe the area on your skin or model that has excess model glue with the acetone-covered cotton swab or cotton square.
Wipe the area with a clean, damp cloth. Allow the area to dry for five minutes.
Repeat Steps 1 and 2 until all excess model glue is removed.
Tips and warnings
- Do not use fingernail polish remover around your eyes, nose or mouth. You can ingest the remover and become violently ill. Call poison control if ingestion occurs.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for