The adjustable wheels on a frigidaire refrigerator are on all four corners to provide easy levelling of the appliance. Adjusting the wheels will also align the doors on the refrigerator and freezer sections so that they do not sag and ruin the hinges. The four-wheel adjustments allow a frigidaire refrigerator to compensate for uneven floors in a home.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Flathead screwdriver
Place a level on top of the frigidaire refrigerator near the back with the refrigerator in position. Check the level to observe which of the wheels needs adjustments to centre the bubble in the level between the two lines and be plumb on the rear side.
Pull the refrigerator out of position straight forward to gain access to the back two wheel adjustments.
Place a flathead screwdriver on the adjustment screw on a wheel and turn clockwise to raise that corner or counterclockwise to lower that corner of the appliance. Raising the right side will shift the bubble in the level to the left. Lowering the right side will shift the bubble in the level to the right.
Push the frigidaire refrigerator back into position and check the level.
Place one hand on each side of the toe grill and pull it straight out away from the refrigerator to remove it. Lay the toe grill aside. The toe grill is at the bottom front of the refrigerator. Removing the toe grill will give you access to the adjustment screws on the front two wheels.
Place the level on the top of the frigidaire refrigerator near the front. Adjust the front two wheels in the same manner as the back wheels until the appliance is level.
Replace the toe grille by placing one hand on each side and pushing it back into position at the bottom front of the refrigerator.
Check the level of the frigidaire refrigerator from front to back by placing the level on each side of the refrigerator and adjusting the wheels in the same manner.
Tips and warnings
- A refrigerator toe grill protects the internal motor and wiring from dust and debris.
- Levelling a frigidaire refrigerator will also align the doors on the appliance. If a door does not line up with the top of the refrigerator, adjust the wheels. Raise a wheel on one side to raise the door height on that side. Lower a wheel on one side to lower the door on that side.
- Uneven frigidaire refrigerators experience problems with doors not opening or closing properly which leads to loss of cool air through an inadequate sealing door.
- Icemakers do not operate properly if a refrigerator is not level. This will cause some small and large ice cubes and can cause the ice tray to overflow and freeze inside the freezer.
- A refrigerator needs to be level for the drainage during the defrost cycle to enter the drain pan and not wet the floor.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for