Brass door knobs add a lovely shine to a room. Many old brass door knobs have beautiful etchings or intricate designs. You can give your home a fresh look just by cleaning your brass door knobs. If you wait a long time between cleanings, you will have to use harsh cleaners to remove dirt from the knobs and that can damage the brass, so clean the knobs as often as you can.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Fine grade steel wool
Make a cleaning solution. Mix a heaping tablespoon of salt with half a cup of vinegar.
Dip a fine grade steel wool into the solution and squeeze off the extra mixture.
Scour the brass door knob lightly. If you rub too hard, you could damage the detailing instead of just removing the dirt.
Wipe the solution off of the knob with a rag. It should now look clean and polished.
Tips and warnings
- Clean brass door knobs regularly so that they won't require intense cleanings in the future.
- Wear protective gloves while cleaning the door knob.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for