Hair clippers are expensive and useful tools of the hair trade. Regular maintenance is an important key in keeping your clippers in good working condition. Adjusting the tension spring is an easy task that can help extend the life of your clippers.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Flathead screwdriver
Plug the clippers into an electrical socket and turn the clippers on. Locate the adjustment knob on the side of the clippers. The knob has a slot in it that fits a flathead screwdriver.
Turn the knob counter-clockwise using the screwdriver until the clippers make a clatter that is much louder than normal. Turn the knob clockwise again until the clippers get quiet.
Repeat Step 2. Now you have adjusted the tension spring successfully. Do this periodically to maintain your clippers.
Tips and warnings
- Clean excess hair from clippers after each haircut and apply oil to the blades regularly.
- Do not drop your clippers, as this can damage the blades.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for