A product catalogue is an excellent way to show customers your product line. With a little preparation and some assembly time you can create, for free, a professional looking product catalogue for your business.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Catalogue software (free software downloads available online)
Research free software downloads for product catalogue design online. Sites like Catalog Genie and My Business Catalog vary in what they offer, and depending on your skill level one site may be easier for you to use than the others.
Download the program. If you chose Catalog Genie you will see that the software utilises features of Microsoft Access, but it does not require that you have the program on your computer for it to function.
Begin adding products by category and then by item. This software allows you to organise the merchandise at different levels, with each tab representing a level: "Product," "Picture," "Text," "Feature," "Attributes." Additionally, the software enables you to attach an appropriate SKU to each product.
Select "Publish" once you have completed the catalogue. Catalogue Genie publishes to Quark Xpress or to PDF, making it easy to include the catalogue on your business website.
Tips and warnings
- To save yourself money on printing and mailing costs, be sure to make the catalogue available online and via e-mail.
- If you already have a spreadsheet program on your computer, you may be able to create a streamlined version of your product catalogue that allows customers to select and filter products by different options like category or price.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for