Send text messages to a T-Mobile cell phone from your computer if you don't have a cell phone for texting. Even if you have a cell phone, texting a T-Mobile cell phone from your cell phone costs money unless you're on an unlimited texting plan. T-Mobile, like many other cell phone providers, provides an e-mail to text gateway for e-mailing a text message to a T-Mobile cell phone. Send a text message to any T-Mobile cell phone from your computer's e-mail client using T-Mobile's tmomail.net e-mail gateway.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Open your e-mail client. Popular e-mail clients include Outlook, Gmail and Hotmail.
Compose a new e-mail message. Click "New Message" or a similarly named button in your e-mail client.
Type the cell phone's number at tmomail.net into the e-mail "To:" field. Type the ten digit cell phone number into the "To:" box, followed by "@tmomail.net". For example, text message 123-456-7890 by typing the address "email@example.com".
Type your text message. Click the body of your e-mail message and type in a short (less than 160 characters) message.
Send the text message. Text your e-mail to the specified cell phone number via T-Mobile's e-mail-to-text gateway by clicking "Send" in your e-mail client's message composing window.
Tips and warnings
- If your message contains over 160 characters, it will be cut off. Keep your message as short as possible.
- Send text messages to e-mail addresses using your T-Mobile cell phone. Enter the e-mail address where you would normally enter a cell phone number and send a text as normal. Your text appears as an e-mail from your cell phone number at tmomail.net.
- Send text messages to other cell phones from your computer by using another cell phone provider's e-mail gateways. You must know which cell phone provider a number uses, though.
- While it's free to send text messages to a T-Mobile cell phone from your computer, it's not always free for the user of that T-Mobile cell phone receiving them. Each text message received costs the recipient 10p unless they are on an unlimited text messaging plan.
- The tmomail.net e-mail to text message gateway only functions with a T-Mobile cell phone number. Don't try using a cell phone number from a different cell phone company with it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for