If you have an article of clothing that smells like sweat, you likely want the clothing to smell better. Perspiration odours on clothing are both embarrassing and bothersome. Sweating is something natural that happens to the body that is beyond our control. Removing perspiration smells from clothing is something that we can control. You likely have all you need to remove perspiration odours from clothing right inside of your cabinets.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 tbsp ammonia
- Rubbing alcohol
- 2 cups baking soda
- Washing powder
Hang the smelly clothing outside in the sun for a few hours. Exposing the item to sunlight will help to eliminate the odour.
Pour ½ cup water and 1 tbsp ammonia into a bowl. Use a spoon to combine the ingredients.
Pour the mixture over the area of the clothing that smells. If you want to soak the whole piece of clothing, make the mixture in a bucket and use 1 tbsp ammonia for each ½ cup water.
Allow the clothing to soak in the ammonia solution for at least one hour. Wash the clothing as usual.
Soak the smelly parts of the clothing in rubbing alcohol if the odour persists. Pour rubbing alcohol directly onto the affected areas. Let it soak for several hours and then rinse with warm water and launder as usual.
Add 2 cups of baking soda along with washing powder to your wash load. This will help to freshen up the entire load of laundry, including the item of clothing with perspiration odours.
Tips and warnings
- For another odour-eliminator, make a paste of baking soda and water and rub it onto the smelly areas of the clothing. Let it sit for about 20 minutes then launder as usual.
- Yet another alternative for removing perspiration odours is to soak the clothing in a bucket filled with warm water and 1 cup white vinegar. Let it sit overnight before washing the clothing.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for