Wood flooring adds a nice accent to any home. Pine flooring is one option of wood for flooring. Unfortunately, pine flooring does require regular care and maintenance to keep it looking beautiful. Lack of care will result in dull, worn-looking wood. With regular care and preventive maintenance you can keep your pine wooden floors looking beautiful for years to come.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Dust pan
- Distilled white vinegar
- Spray bottle
Clean any loose debris from your flooring. Use a broom and a dust pan to remove dirt. Make sure to not only focus on high traffic areas like walkways, but also under chairs and dining room tables.
Move all furniture and rugs out of the room you will be cleaning, if at all possible. This will allow you to clean the entire flooring.
Place 1/4 cup of distilled, white vinegar and 3 1/4 cups of water into a spray bottle. Shake to mix.
Spray the mixture directly to your wood flooring. Use a mop to clean the flooring, spraying more vinegar mixture as you move to a new area. Rinse your mop frequently in a bucket of clean water. This will remove excess debris from the mop. Wring your mop out thoroughly to avoid excess water on the floor. If you have a particularly dirty spot, spray the area with the mixture and then use a clean, cotton rag to scrub the area.
Allow the area to dry completely before replacing your rugs and furniture and allowing family and pets to walk on the flooring.
Repeat the entire process once a week for best results.
Tips and warnings
- Excess vinegar mixture can be stored for future cleanings.
- If you have a spill on your hardwood flooring, wipe it up immediately using a damp cloth. If necessary, apply a little of your vinegar solution to a rag and wipe it clean. Then dry it with a clean rag.
- Twice a year you should use a commercial wood cleaner to mop your pine flooring. This will not only thoroughly clean the floor, but it will also help protect the wood. When you do these cleanings, use a new mop for best results. Also, once the cleaning is done, use large cotton towels to rub the surface dry
- Never pour water directly onto your floor. Use a spray bottle to apply cleaning mixtures. This is a fine enough mist that it will not cause the wood to cloud.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for