Emo fans, also known as "Scene kids," listen to emo music and follow the fashion trends of the genre. Emo fashion uses a lot of dark colours, but is distinct from "goth" fashion in that it uses a wider variety of colours, and girls tend to dress in more feminine styles. Looking emo is not just about the clothes, though; make-up is an important aspect to looking "Scene." The goal when applying make-up is to create a vampy look, according to Little Black Cherry.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Eye shadow
- Lash-curling mascara
- Tinted lip gloss
Apply black, blue, green or purple eyeliner along the top line of your eyelashes. Draw a thin line of eyeliner, starting from the inside corner and working to the outer corner of each eye. Apply a medium-thick line of eyeliner along the bottom eyelashes.
Apply a light-coloured eye shadow, like silver or white, with a make-up brush from the crease of your eyelid to the bottom of your eyebrow. Brush a medium-toned colour on the bottom part of your eyelid. Then paint a dark colour of eye shadow along the crease of your eyelid, from the middle of the eye all the way to the outer corner of your eye.
Apply mascara to your eyelashes.
Lightly apply blush that matches your skin tone to the tops of your cheekbones in an upward motion.
Apply a tinted lip gloss that matches your skin tone and outfit.
Tips and warnings
- Add thickness to the eyeliner at the outside corners of your eyes to create a cat-eye look. When adding thickness to your eyeliner, paint the eyeliner onto your eyes a little at a time so you are less likely to make a mistake.
- To create a smoky look to your eyes, use a small make-up brush to apply the dark eye shadow over the outside corners of your eye, over black eyeliner.
- Use the toothed side of an eyebrow comb to rid the mascara on your lashes of any clumps.
- Emo lip make-up should only give a hint of colour because you do not want to take attention away from your eyes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for