Barcodes are machine-readable data used to identify items such as merchandise, shipments, library materials and membership cards. The vector graphics program CorelDRAW lets you design your own barcodes with its built-in barcode wizard. You can choose from among different barcodes, adjust bar appearance and sometimes change the font. The wizard disables font formatting for some types of barcode such as UPC, ISBN and ISSN; but you can get around this limitation with a little tweaking.
- Skill level:
Things you need
Select the CorelDRAW barcode. Right-click on it to bring up the object's menu.
Hover the mouse cursor over "Corel BARCODE Object." A sub-menu will appear. Click on "Edit" to launch the barcode wizard.
Click on the "Next" button in the barcode wizard twice. View the font properties.
Pick the font you want to use from the font drop-down menu. Adjust other font settings if desired.
Click "Finish" to apply the changes.
Using the Barcode Wizard
Click on"Customization" under the "Tools" menu. The "Options" dialogue box will appear.
Collapse the "Documents" tree on the left. Choose"Styles."
Select the "Default Artistic Text" listed in the Styles window. Click on "Edit" to bring up the text formatting options.
Choose the font style and size that you would like to use for your barcode. Click "OK" twice to save you changes.
Cut and paste the barcode without leaving the current CorelDRAW document. Use "Paste Special" under the "Edit" menu. Paste the barcode as a metafile (picture).
Select the metafile. Apply "Ungroup" under the "Arrange" menu to separate the objects.
Select the figures you want to change. Right-click while keeping them all selected. Scroll down to "Styles" and apply "Default Artistic Text."
Using artistic text
Tips and warnings
- If font formatting is enabled for your barcode type in the barcode wizard, use the first method. If it is disabled, you will have to use the second method. Change the view to "Wireframe" if you have difficulty selecting objects. Click and drag select with your mouse.
- If you use the second option, any subsequent changes you make to the Default Artistic Text may reflect in the barcode. If you don't want this to happen, convert the barcode objects to curves. Select "Convert to Curves" in the "Arrange" menu.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for