Net 10 is a prepaid cell phone provider that issues free airtime with the purchase of a Net 10 phone. Net 10 also issues free minutes to existing users who upgrade their cell phones. Several models are available from the provider, and in most cases you will receive the free minutes in the form of a plastic card with a number that you must enter to add the airtime. You must activate new and upgraded phones before you can add free minutes to them.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cell phone serial number
- Airtime card
Activate the cell phone at the Net 10 website or call 1-877-836-2368. You will be prompted for your personal information and the serial number of your cell phone. The serial number is underneath the battery or on the "How to Activate" card included with the phone.
Locate the PIN to add your free minutes. The PIN is on the back of your airtime card, beneath a silver strip. Carefully remove this strip by scraping the area gently with a coin.
To add minutes by phone, call 1-877-836-2368 and follow the prompts to enter your information.
To add minutes online at the Net 10 website, select "Add Airtime" from the menu bar, and follow the prompts. If you are a new user, you will need to enter your personal information when prompted prior to adding minutes.
To add minutes with your phone, make sure it is fully charged and that the charger is disconnected. Turn the phone on. Select the "Prepaid" menu on the main screen, then choose the "Add Airtime" option. Follow the prompts to enter the PIN from your card.
Leave your phone on until you receive a message on your display confirming that the airtime has been added to your account. This is normally received within five or 10 minutes.
From time to time, Net 10 offers bonus minutes on refill cards. These minutes are added automatically when the cards are used to add airtime. Additional cards are added the same way as those included with the cell phone.
Tips and warnings
- On the Net 10 website, you can find refill cards in denominations not available in stores. These frequently offer bonus minutes. For example, in May 2010, the company featured a refill card for 4,000 minutes plus an additional 1,000 minutes and a two-year expiration date.
- Minutes do have an expiration date, and if you have not added airtime prior to the expiration date, you will lose any remaining minutes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for