The Honda Deluxe ES6500 portable generator is a liquid-cooled generator that has a twin-cylinder engine. It has a maximum wattage of 6,500 watts and a fuel capacity of 4.4 gallons. If it is experiencing problems related to the engine not starting or power not reaching the AC outlets, follow basic troubleshooting steps that might solve the problem.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Check to make sure there is fuel in the tank. If not, refill the tank. Use unleaded gasoline with a pump octane rating of 86 or higher.
Check the engine oil. If it is below the upper limit line on the oil filler neck, add the recommended oil. For general use, SAE 10W-30 oil is recommended.
Access the spark plug cap by pulling the top cover lock levers out and removing the cover. Remove the spark plug cap by pulling it up. Clean any dirt from around the spark plug area. Replace the spark plug cap.
Make sure the AC circuit breaker is switched to the "On" position. The circuit breaker switch is located on the left side of the control box.
Check to see if the fuel is reaching the carburettor by turning off the engine switch and loosening the drain screw. The drain screw is located at the base of the gas tank. Switch the engine back on. If fuel does not drain when the engine is turned back on, the fuel is not reaching the carburettor.
Tips and warnings
- f the engine still will not start or the AC receptacles do not have electricity, the generator may need to be serviced by an authorised dealer.
- If the engine needs to be immediately stopped in an emergency, move the engine switch to the "Off" position.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for