Although it's not necessary to clean your Gaggia MDF after every use, you do need to clean it if you've noticed your morning coffee has been a little stale lately or the grinder isn't working as fast and efficient as when you first bought it. Gaggia doesn't recommend using a cleaning solution to clean your MDF.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Uncooked white rice
- Clean cloth
Pour a handful of uncooked white rice into the Gaggia MDF. Grind it on the espresso blend setting. The result will be a combination of ground rice and coffee. Continue grinding new handfuls of white rice until the rice comes out completely white.
Unplug your grinder.
Wipe the grinder with a damp cloth. Use water only.
Grind coffee beans and throw away the grounds.
Tips and warnings
- You can also use a dry brush, like a stiff-bristled paintbrush, to brush out the grinder.
- Never put the grinder in the dishwasher or immerse it in water. The metal pieces must not get wet.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for