Balloons tend to signify celebrations and are often included in the decorations for happy occasions. Decorate the office desk of a co-worker with balloons to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, promotion, retirement, upcoming wedding or even an expected baby. The balloons can bring a festive mood to the office and showcase a special occasion for the recipient. Celebratory balloon decorations should not interfere with work. The arrangement, colour and number of balloons should be determined by the recipient's personality, her desk space and the occasion.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Weighted item
Choose a combination of colourful latex balloons and Mylar balloons based on the occasion for which you're decorating or the recipient's favourite colours. Mylar balloons have specific designs or wording that help denote what the balloons are for, such as "Happy Birthday," "Congratulations" or "It's a boy."
Blow up the balloons with helium so they'll float above the workspace of the desk. Use a group of three to five balloons for smaller desks or if you plan to put a grouping on each side of the desk. Tie a knot at the base of the balloon to trap the helium inside and provide a space for a ribbon.
Cut a ribbon for each balloon. The ribbons should be different lengths to create varying heights for the balloons to rest. Make the ribbons at least 2 to 5 feet each.
Tie one end of each ribbon to a balloon. Use ribbon that matches the balloon colours or complements the balloons. Tie the other end of the ribbon to a weighted item, such as a balloon weight, a mug, a flat-screen monitor stand, a vase or a gift bag that has something somewhat heavy in it. If you want to use more than one bunch of balloons, place one on each of the back corners of the desk to keep them out of the work space.
Add shorter pieces of ribbon to the balloon knot if you want curling ribbon to hang down from the balloons for extra decoration.
Tips and warnings
- Create an arch of balloons to go from one end of the desk to the other by tying the balloons to one long piece of ribbon or fishing line (so the line won't show) at even intervals, such as every 8 inches. Tie each end of the arch to a heavy item or tape it to the bottom of the corner of the desk.
- Decorate the desk with gift bags, wrapped gifts, confetti or other related items that match the balloons.
- Avoid over-filling the balloons.
- Avoid using too many balloons, or they'll get in the way of any work that still needs to be completed.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for