As a band, singer/rapper or DJ, you can find many benefits in selling your music online as ringtones. Exposing your music to more people, increasing your popularity and earning a profit are some of the advantages. With the help of websites where you can upload your ringtones and sell them from the site's server, you can market ringtones online easily and hassle-free.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Ringtones or audio files to be used as ringtones
- PayPal account
- A free user account
Create a free user account on the site where you will be selling your ringtones. Myxer, Payloadz and Lulu are among the sites that allow you to sell your ringtones.
Create a PayPal account if you don't already have one. You will receive your payment via PayPal from the site that you choose to sell your ringtones.
Determine the sale price of your ringtones. The average price of ringtones generally ranges from 99 cents to £1.90.
Upload your audio files to the site of your choice. Follow the instructions provided, upload the audio files and set the prices.
Market your ringtones. Add links in your blogs, send messages to friends and fans, post links to your ringtones wherever you can. The better you market your ringtones, the more chances you have to make sales.
Tips and warnings
- Starting out, be sure to set your prices competitively.
- Review the terms provided by the company you choose to sell your ringtones. There may be fees associated with each ringtone sale, so review terms and conditions carefully to be clear.
- Only sell ringtones in which you are the legal copyright holder or creator of - to avoid any legal disputes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for