Games of chance involving dice have been played for millennia. When luck is such a large part of the game, the ability to predict what the dice will show is an enormous advantage. Fixed dice (also known as trick dice or loaded dice) are dice that have been modified to roll certain numbers more often than others. Some fixed dice will only roll a single predetermined number. If you'd like to impress your friends with your "prophetic" abilities, read on to learn how to make fixed dice.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Pair of dice
- Baking tray
Place your dice on the baking tray.
Rotate the dice so that the numbers you would like for them to show are face up.
Insert the baking tray into the oven. Heat up the oven to 121 degrees C. The dice need to heat gradually to assure even melting.
Allow the dice to bake for approximately ten minutes. As the dice melt, gravity will pull downward, causing the bottom of the dice to weigh more than the top.
Remove your dice from the oven and allow them to cool for 20 minutes.
Test your dice by rolling them across the playing surface. The heavier side of the dice should land face down, showing your predetermined numbers on top.
Repeat the process until you achieve desired results.
Tips and warnings
- Make several pairs of fixed dice that add up to different numbers so that you will be ready for any situation.
- Do not use your trick dice illegally. Doing so can lead to steep fines and imprisonment.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for