Cigar aficionados have been pairing their favourite cigars with wine for years. Pairing the right wine with a cigar can bring out the flavours in both. In addition to this, there is another way wine can help lovers of cigars. A wine refrigerator can be easily converted into a humidor. The only thing items needed to successfully make the conversion is a wine cooler with a built-in temperature gauge and heartfelt humidifying beads. With these items in hand, anyone can make an effective humidor out of a wine refrigerator.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Heartfelt humidification beads
Set the temperature at 18.3 degrees Celsius in a wine fridge with a temperature gauge. This step is crucial since 18.3 degrees C is in the optimal temperature range to keep your cigars fresh. You cannot ensure a regulated environment in a refrigerator without a temperature gauge.
Place heartfelt humidity beads in one of the corners inside the refrigerator. These beads regulate the relative humidity levels in humidors and are available based on humidity ranges. Optimal humidity levels range between 62 per cent and 68 per cent. The beads also come in different-sized tubes. Use the tube size that corresponds with how many cigars you intend to place in the wine refrigerator.
Place the cigars inside the wine refrigerator, preferably away from the humidification beads. Close the refrigerator and take cigars whenever you want.
Tips and warnings
- According to Cigar Aficionado, a muffin fan can be used inside the refrigerator to help circulate the moisture in the air, but the fan's usefulness has not been fully determined.
- The wine refrigerator should not exceed a temperature of 18.9 degrees Celsius.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for